Policies and Guidelines
Ethics and Philosophy
The LIVING BETTER by laura blog and associated social media is an absolute pleasure for me. I love writing, taking and sharing photos, spreading ideas, getting comments, starting a dialogue, getting to know my readers, and more. Blogging is a wonderful way to build a community.
I do not sell editorials or posts on my blog or in my social media. I create every post and page. If there is another writer or guest post it will be clearly indicated. My goal is to give you my honest opinions and recommendations at all times. I believe in being truthful, authentic and transparent with my readers.
I am not paid to do reviews. I will not base my opinion based on payment. If I am sent free products or items to try It will not be a factor in my opinion or recommendation. I only review products or items that I actually use or has strong recommendations from someone whose opinion I trust. I will always indicate clearly whether I have used a product/item or if it was recommended by someone else. The site has sponsorships, partnerships, advertising, and affiliate marketing. For example, there may be links where I get a small percentage of each sale, but it will never cost you more money. As often as possible, I try to save my readers money with coupons, offer codes or information on lower priced alternatives. Once again, I will only do this if I truly believe in the product. More often I write about products I love and do not receive any compensation for!
I am grateful for this opportunity and appreciate the trust you've placed in me. Through this site I'm blessed to have the ability to connect with people, build a community and network with trustworthy, like-minded experts and individuals. Thank you, please feel free to contact me if there are ever any concerns.
All images and content are owned and copyrighted by LIVING BETTER by laura unless otherwise noted. Please do not reuse images without prior consent. If you have questions about content use, or would like to receive our consent for reuse, please contact me directly.
You have permission to:
- Print content from our site for non-commercial use up to 25 copies. All printed content must include the following copyright notice: “© LIVING BETTER by laura. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.LIVINGBETTERbylaura.com.”
- Re-post a summary of our content or an excerpt of up to 100 words. All reposts must include a link back to the original post.
- Create a link to our site or any of our public posts.
- Re-post images that are owned by LIVING BETTER by laura. All image reposts must include an attribution to LIVING BETTER by laura and a link to the original post. Most original images are watermarked as owned by Living Better by laura.
You must obtain our written permission to:
- Re-post our content in its entirety
We do not give permission to:
- Alter any content on this site or our brand images
- Re-post images or content without attribution and link
- Translate our blog into another language until we verify accuracy.
To request permission for any of these uses please contact us.
LIVING BETTER by laura provides general information and discussions about medical and health related topics. Content, materials and posts published or linked in this blog are not intended and should not be taken as medical advice. Any readers, or other persons, with medical concerns should seek the advice of an appropriately-licensed physician or physician extenders such a nurse practitioner.
Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking medical care because of information provided or linked by this blog. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency medical help line such as 911.
Communication is the beauty of blogging. We love to receive authentic comments on our blog posts. Feel free to ask questions, disagree, provide alternate methods, or comment on posts as long as your comments are not offensive, defamatory, abusive, mean-spirited or inappropriate.
By posting on this blog, you agree to keep your comments clean and related to the content. We reserve the right to remove any comments.
You may comment anonymously or under a username. Your email address will not be displayed on our site. Your email address will not be sold or used to contact you unless you request to be contacted.
You retain the ownership of your comments left on our site. But, by commenting you agree to grant us permission to post your comments and the right to store, transmit, display, use, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format. All comments are irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free.
We disclaim any and all liability that may result from any comment left on this site. By commenting on this site, you relieve us from any liability that may result from those postings.
We encourage guest posting if it is in keeping with the goals and sentiment of our blog.
And we love an opportunity to guest post on other sites. Please use our Contact Page to request more information and guidelines on having us guest post on your site or if you are interested, in guest posting on LIVING BETTER by laura.
Editorial Review Policy
Photo, Design, Content Policy
Link Exchange Policy
- You may visit the website of LIVING BETTER by laura without revealing any personal information. However, some personal information may be collected if you wish to receive our newsletter, make inquiries to our company, or subscribe to our blog. This information may include your personal and/or company contact information and will be used to reply to your inquiries, comply with your requests, or to contact you regarding new information, products and services.
- By accessing and voluntarily providing us with the requested personal information, you grant consent to the collection and use of the information only for the purposes listed here.
- The website of LIVING BETTER by laura has an automated receipt of non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested.
LIVING BETTER by laura may otherwise disclose your personal information only when:
- A response is required by subpoena, court orders or other legal processes.
- There is a threat to the personal safety of our users, employees or in order to defend the rights or property of LIVING BETTER by laura.
- Unfortunately, no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure. However, LIVING BETTER by laura is committed to the protection off your privacy and security.
- LIVING BETTER by laura will retain your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes identified above or as required by law.
- Our website is hosted on Squarespace which provides the online platform to publish our content. Your information is stored within Squarespace’s data storage, databases and applications on a secure server behind a firewall.
Gifts or items received do not guarantee editorial coverage. All gifts will be disclosed if included in editorial content on the blog. I will always denote that a product was given to me by a brand, designer, or their agent. In compliance with FTC regulations, all gifts and content if sponsored, etc. will be disclosed throughout the blog.
At this time, any product or brand mentioned in our content is there because I use them, love them or because they might be considered interesting or useful to us and/or our readers. I am committed to showcasing products and companies that are appropriate to our mission and, therefore, our readers. We will always disclose affiliate links. Sponsored posts or gifted items will be fully disclosed, and any thoughts and opinions shared are always honest and truly our's. Some posts contain contextual affiliate links, from which I may receive a commission on sales should you use them or make a purchase.
Our photos, DIY ideas or designs must be linked back to our original post and given proper credit. All photos, images, and content on this site, unless otherwise stated, are created by LIVING BETTER by laura and should be credited as such. If unoriginal photos are used they have been designated as available for use.
If there are any outsourced images on this site that have been improperly linked or credited, this has been done unintentionally. Contact us and it will be fixed it immediately with apologies.
I have not, nor will I, participate in "link exchanges." All contextual links are personally curated by me. LIVING BETTER by laura does not participate in link exchanges
- LIVING BETTER by laura, at our sole discretion, may make policy changes, at any time, without notice to you. We recommend that you review this policy periodically, as your use of our website after any such changes signifies your acceptance.
Questions or Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions about our policies, or your own personal information, please contact us